What Are The Benefits Of Cocoa Butter For The Skin? Cocoa butter is obtained from the beans of the cocoa tree. It belongs to the mallow family. 40% of the production of the cocoa tree, which has more than 70 thousand square kilometers of cultivation area in the world, is carried out on the Ivory beaches in Africa. The foothills of the Andes and heights 200-400 m near the basins of the Orinoco rivers are natural habitats.
Cocoa butter is produced by roasting the pale yellow and pure edible cocoa beans and then fermenting them. It is solid at room temperature. It starts to melt after 34 degrees. It can be melted in a double boiler before it is used. Since it has a long shelf life, it is included in many cosmetic products.
Cocoa butter, known for its skin tanning properties, does not fall out of the hands of vacationers, especially during the oil months. So, is the only feature of cocoa butter to give the skin a natural tan? Here are the contributions of cocoa butter used in skincare with its antioxidant properties to the beauty of the face and body.
What Are The Benefits To The Skin?
1. Thanks to the vitamin E in its content, it nourishes the skin, gives the skin a natural shine and elasticity. It refreshes the skin.
2. Cocoa butter, a powerful source of antioxidants, fights free radicals. It delays the signs of aging.
3. Keeps the skin moist and soft. It is an ideal moisturizer especially for people with sensitive and extremely dry skin.
4. Soothes red and irritated skin after epilation. All you have to do is apply cocoa butter by massaging the area where you epilate, no matter what method you use, regardless of the razor, wax, epilator.
5. It helps to relieve the pain and dryness on the skin after sunburn.
6. Provides rapid healing of skin wounds. It reduces itching that occurs during the healing period of the wounds and softens the wound area.
7. It is effective in the treatment of skin diseases such as eczema and dermatitis.
8. It prevents the formation of cracks in the body due to reasons such as pregnancy, weight gain, and loss. Cocoa butter does not have the ability to completely heal previously formed cracks, but if used regularly during pregnancy or weight gain and loss, it prevents the formation of stretch marks. If it is applied by massaging your breast, hip, arm, and belly after each shower, the crack formation is completely eliminated.
9. It moisturizes the lips and prevents lips from cracking. Regularly applying cocoa butter to lips in the evening before going to bed will keep lips smooth and plump.
10. Provides a fast and natural tan to the skin. Cocoa butter provides a permanent tan with its moisturizing feature. However, cocoa butter does not protect the skin from the sun. For this reason, it is recommended to use sunscreen first and then cocoa butter before going out in the sun. It is the most used oil for tanning.
11. Cocoa butter cares for the hair as well as the skin. With regular use, it moisturizes dry hair and strengthens damaged hair. It helps hair grow fast.
Usage of Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter can be used every day. You can apply it to your skin before going to bed at night and leave it until morning, or you can wash your face 20 minutes after applying cocoa oil to your cleansed skin by massaging it.
Cocoa butter does not harm the skin as it is vegetable oil. However, applying make-up after applying it to the face can reduce the benefits of cocoa butter.
Usage Recommendations for Cocoa Butter
- You can apply the mixture you have obtained by mixing 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter with 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of milk, and oat flour.
- After leaving the mask for 20 minutes, you can clean your skin.
This mask will allow your skin to enjoy all the benefits of cocoa butter.
If you want to combat the signs of aging, you can add 1 teaspoon of cocoa butter to your skin creams.
If you want to feel the beautifying effect of cocoa butter on your hair, apply the cocoa butter to your hair and let it sit for 20 minutes, then wash it off.
- If you want to lengthen your lashes, boil 1 cup of water and add 1 teaspoon of castor oil, a little less than 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter, and mix.
- Take the mixture you have prepared in another bowl of water and heat it until it reaches the consistency of a cream. Then, after cooling the cream, apply it from the root to the tip of your lashes.
- Be careful not to get the mixture in your eyes.
- Apply this application before going to bed for 15 days.