Cancer nowadays poses a great risk for children as well as adults. Moreover, the figures can reach serious levels that affect more than 100 children each year in a population of one million people. The biggest handicap of childhood cancers is seen as the disease progressing quietly and showing symptoms in recent months. In addition to preventing cancer, which can manifest itself with rapid weight loss, loss of appetite, bruises in the body, pallor in color, joint pains, and glands that appear and multiply suddenly, it is necessary to pay attention to correct nutritional factor during the treatment process.
Nutritional factor in cancer
Childhood cancers that occur due to genetic factors, infections, and environmental effects can be treated with early diagnosis and effective methods. Even if some factors that cause cancer are not under the control of the person, other risks can be controlled with some precautions. The nutritional factor is one of the important steps in cancer. According to researches, wrong eating habits play a 35 percent effective role in the emergence and development of cancer. For this reason, it is necessary to eat fruits and vegetables in the season and, if possible, to consume organic and natural foods.
Equip your table with these foods
- Cruciferous vegetables: It turns into active compounds such as sulforaphane in the body. These also have an anticarcinogenic effect.
- Garlic: Due to its antibiotic properties, it strengthens the immune system and reduces cholesterol by providing blood fluidity.
- Tomato: It has the feature of protecting against cancer and slowing down mental and physical aging. It is also rich in vitamin C and strengthens the immune system.
- Spinach: It is a very effective vegetable against cancer, heart diseases, and high blood pressure.
- Cabbage: Provides the removal of toxic substances accumulated in the body.
- Broccoli: It is a vegetable full of vitamins that protect against cancer. Contains beta carotene and vitamin C.
- Apricot: It is protective against cancer by removing the effect of molecules that damage cells and tissues.
- Cereals: Grains such as barley, corn, wheat, oats contain vitamins B and E, potassium, and calcium.
- Beans: They are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C and beta-carotene that prevent heart disease and cancer.
- Carrot: It has been demonstrated that as the consumption of carrots increases, the risk of cancer decreases. The main reason for this is that it is rich in antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamins C and E.
- Chickpeas: Low in fat and free of cholesterol, chickpeas are rich in calcium, magnesium, beta-carotene, and folic acid.
- Fig: Contains potassium, iron, and calcium. It helps the digestive system and is recommended by modern medicine as a preventive against cancer.
- Hazelnut: It is a food rich in vitamin E. Its types, such as walnuts, contain a type of acid called ellagic. This acid initiates the apoptosis process, which means cancer cells kill themselves. It is very beneficial to eat a handful every day.
- Olive Oil: It keeps the cholesterol level in the blood in balance. It is also rich in vitamin E. In this way, it has a protective effect on the brain against heart attack, stroke, cancer, and premature aging.
- Onion: It strengthens the immune system. It provides a protective effect against stomach and intestinal cancer with the allicin and sulfur it contains.
- Peach: It is also rich in beta-carotene, which is protective against cancer and heart attack. A peach meets 50 percent of the daily vitamin C requirement.
- Rice: It is rich in vitamins E and B. It has a protective effect against bowel cancer, lowering cholesterol and reducing the risk of a heart attack.
- Red grape seed: Contains polyphenolic components, proanticyanides, and tocopherol. These are antioxidants. It has anti-cancer effects.
- Nettle: It strengthens the immune system.
Stay away from these to avoid cancer
- Additives: Some additives predispose to cancer. Therefore, unreliable fats, juices, chocolates should not be eaten.
- Sweeteners (saccharin): Saccharin not only harms the kidneys but also causes bladder cancer.
- Molds: Molds that grow on foods produce a cancer-causing substance called ‘aflatoxin’.
- Coffee: 2-3 times more bladder and pancreatic cancer occur in people who drink coffee than those who do not.
- Food and preparation methods: Large intestine cancer is common in people who eat too much meat. When protein foods are cooked above 100 degrees, cancer-causing substances are formed. Foods that are fried in overheated oils become carcinogenic. The frying oils used should not be used repeatedly.
- Dioxin: Found in bleached foods.