Methods of Increasing Breast Milk
Breast milk is very important in the nutrition of newborn babies. Thanks to the components in breast milk, it regulates and protects the immune systems of babies. Moreover, it is very important for growth and development.
Methods of Increasing Breast Milk Sucking is a very powerful method to increase productivity and maintain the continuity of breast milk, it is necessary to breastfeed frequently to get the babies accustomed. For this, good sleep patterns, good rest, and recovery are important. In addition to these, the nutrition of the mother also affects milk production and quality. Well, I can hear you say how to eat during breastfeeding, let’s examine them together.
- Water is the most important component that affects the amount of milk. At least 3 liters of fluid should be consumed a day and we should drink more than a glass of water as there will be a loss of fluid after each breastfeeding.
- A healthy and balanced diet will appear before us during breastfeeding as always. A balanced diet during breastfeeding both increases milk production and enriches the nutritional content of your milk.
- Being diverse in nutrition, consuming a plate with any color will help us to meet our needs at the maximum level of nutrients.
- We should consume natural, fresh fruits and vegetables suitable for the season.
- We should include foods rich in calcium such as milk, cheese, yogurt, and kefir every day in our diet.
- We should consume green leafy vegetables in abundance. Examples include arugula, purslane, parsley, dill, basil, mint, and spinach.
- Healthy such as olive oil, black sesame, linseed oil, sesame oil. Let’s choose oils.
- Include foods with high fiber content such as oatmeal, bulgur, barley, brown rice, and quinoa in your nutrition program.
- You can meet your sweet needs with sugar-free light desserts made from fruits instead of foods with high sugar content. Let’s not forget, foods with high sugar content do not increase milk production, on the contrary, they cause weight gain during breastfeeding.
- We should never smoke or consume alcohol while breastfeeding. We should stay away from caffeinated and carbonated beverages. These disrupt the structure of the milk and cause the accumulation of harmful substances in the baby’s body, which will cause problems such as restlessness and insomnia.
- We should not use birth control pills while breastfeeding, as this may reduce milk production.