How Many Meals and How We Should Eat
For a person to continue his life, he definitely needs nutrition and energy. Each person’s diet varies according to their own body, metabolism, the amount of energy they spend during the day, and their physical characteristics. The important issue for people is how many meals a day and we should eat. Although there are many opinions on this subject, it is the most emphasized and applied 6 meal nutrition method today.
How many meals a day and how should we be fed?
Well, let’s take a look at how eating 6 meals a day contributes to the person;
- Eating 6 meals a day, which is an ideal method for losing weight, will allow your body to work and spend energy. Our body, which spends energy to digest the food we eat, will have to spend 6 times for digestion when we eat 6 meals a day. Depending on this situation, the metabolic rate will increase and it will be easier to lose weight.
- You may have heard that people with diabetes eat frequently during the day. The reason for this is blood sugar that provides energy in the blood. As diabetics do, when you eat 6 meals a day, you will get energy every 2-3 hours, so your blood sugar will never decrease and you will not feel hungry.
- When we tell people that they should eat 6 meals a day, the number of people who are surprised is quite high. Because they think they will eat like the main meal in all six meals. Of course, this is wrong, although there are a few snacks in your 6 meals, you will be eating less but often at every meal. In this way, you will prevent your stomach from expanding and your appetite.
- The content is as important as the number of meals in a sufficient and balanced diet. It is known that the more balanced the distribution of nutrients in meals, the more regularly the metabolism works. When fed with a diet consisting only of grains, the body loses its vitality. This situation is related to protein synthesis. Proteins, which play an important role in the growth and development of the body, must be present at sufficient levels to be synthesized in the body. Inadequate protein in a meal cannot be provided with the next meal. While nitrogen remains in balance in areas with protein distributed over two meals, a positive balance is provided in those who eat three meals.
- The content of the meals should be 55-60%, 10-15%, and 25-30%, respectively, from energy from carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Many minerals and vitamins are also used in the use of protein, fat, and carbohydrates. A balanced distribution of these nutrients is also required in meals.
- As we know, situations such as fasting for a long time and stomach scraping cause a decrease in blood sugar, a slowing of metabolism, an increase in appetite, and an acceleration of weight gain. For this, we need to eat less and frequently.
- Remember when you were hungry for a long time and you were going to eat whatever comes your way. Because you are very hungry at times like this, you eat much more than you would normally eat. At that time, the meals you eat and the energies you receive are used to replace the fat cells that are emptied in your body. During the long period of fasting, the energy need of the body is provided from the body’s fat stores. However, if you eat too much immediately after this, the energy you get replaces the fat cells that are used.
- Eating frequently but less, eating enough and actively, individuals who work actively do not experience low energy, fatigue and are very important for their brains to be active. In a 6-meal diet list, you can easily get rid of your excess with low-calorie foods by adding 2 or 3 main meals and also snacks.