Healthy eating tips
Recommendations for Healthy eating
- Consume a variety of foods
- Do not skip meals
- Do not start your day, especially without having breakfast.
- Try to consume 3 main meals and 2-3 snacks every day.
- Reduce the size of the dinner plates you use on the table.
- Avoid quick snacks and fast food choices.
- Consume your meals by chewing for a long time in small bites.
- To eat healthily, choose natural and fresh foods in their season.
- Reduce your sugar consumption.
- Reduce your salt consumption. Remove the salt shakers from your table. Consume a little iodized salt.
- Choose whole-grain products.
- If you are going to consume cereal for breakfast, choose the ones without added sugar.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day.
- Prefer vegetable oils (olive oil, sunflower oil, corn oil, etc.) containing unsaturated fatty acids instead of animal origin oils containing saturated fats (butter, tallow, tail fat). Avoid trans fat.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Do not consume carbonated drinks. Avoid sugary drinks.
- Prefer drinks such as semi-skimmed milk, ayran, and a small amount of freshly squeezed fruit juices rich in vitamins and minerals.
Recommendations for the purchase and preparation of food
- Enjoy your food purchases on a full stomach and with your pre-prepared shopping list.
- When purchasing food, check the packaging. Do not choose the torn, worn ones in the packaging and the products that are crushed and curved in the food in the can.
- When purchasing food, read the labels.
- Check the expiry date, ingredients, and calorie value tables on the packaging of the food product you want to buy.
- Choose foods with low energy and low-fat content as much as possible.
- For healthy nutrition, choose unprocessed and enriched cereal products. For example; whole wheat bread.
Recommendations for planning
- Take care to keep your body weight in balance.
- Plan the foods you will consume in your meals to include 4 basic food groups.
- Measure your weight at regular intervals. (Most often once a week)
- Plan your meal times and do not skip meals.
- Take care to sleep an average of 6-8 hours every day.