Development: It refers to progress-increase to complete a formation.
Child development: It is said that children who grow rapidly mentally and physically gain new gains in the growth process.
ATTENTION: This article contains important details informing parents and educators.
Child development; It is divided into various periods by considering physical, emotional and behavioral characteristics. Every period has important requirements.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT PERIODS & STAGES
- Newborn period:The first 4 weeks from the birth of the baby is called the newborn period. During this period, not only physical development but also psychosocial development started.
- Infancy period: The development period of the child, which is observed until the age of 2, is called infancy.
- First childhood: It is the period between the ages of 2-6. During this period, children begin to learn the rules of society limited to their own environment. Understands the language and shows a great development. Socialization and gender awareness begin to emerge. The best physical and mental education, training and development tools of the first childhood period are games. Play is one of the most natural and effective learning methods for children.
- Last childhood: This period covers the age range of 6-13 for boys. In girls, the period between the ages of 6-11 is called the last childhood period. This period is one of the important periods in which compulsory education life begins.
Child development continues in the form of learning the rules of society, respecting, being a respected individual, developing social relations and learning to cooperate in the last childhood period. During this period, children also learn to compete, protect their rights and be responsible.
WHAT IS A CHILD DEVELOPMENT EXPERT?
Examining the physical, mental and social development of children; Specialists who follow language, psychomotor and emotional development are called child development experts. Follow-up here refers to healthy guidance and constructive intervention when appropriate.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF CHILD DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION EXPERTS?
- Counsels families on child development and education,
- Applies brain development tests,
- Performs mental skill tests such as attention and intelligence tests,
- Examines the adjustment problems in children, provides assistance and guidance,
- Can apply play therapy to children with behavioral disorders and psychological problems,
- Offers suggestions on activities that can be done both at school and at home for the holistic development of children,
- Makes impressions and guidance about the problems that may occur in the newborn,
- Child development specialist can prepare a special education program for children with learning difficulties,
- Helps the family or the child to establish eating and drinking and sleeping patterns,
- Chooses toys suitable for the child’s age and developmental characteristics
- Counseling families about adolescent psychology,
- The healthy development of children physically and mentally; They do all the necessary work to ensure healthy structuring of family, school and social environment relations.
Why Should Specialists in Child Development and Education Be Preferred?
You should be careful when searching for a special education or special education institution for your child because:
Child development specialists play both educational and guiding roles to ensure that children have age-appropriate skills and behaviors. They are well versed in child development lessons and child psychology. A competent child development specialist is also well equipped to play educational games.
Child development specialist organizes free time activities for the child. They can also manage periodic repetitive activities such as sleep, nutrition and game time in a healthy way. Therefore, they are good helpful guides for parents. For example, all experts emphasize the importance of games for the intelligence development of children. Some of the games have an instructive effect, and some of them have an effect on improving mental skills. Playing games also supports children’s motor skills and muscle development. Since teaching with play and gamified education requires expertise in itself, a child development specialist should be preferred instead of a standard caregiver.